Later Life – what is your perspective? is it a decline or an ascent, a blessing or a burden, or a mixture of both? How do we face and embrace both the challenges and the joys in the context of our ongoing spiritual journey? How do we support those around us to do the same?
Join us at Wheeler Hall (next to St Anne’s Cathedral, Leeds) for a lovely lunch followed by a panel of speakers bringing a wealth of perspectives on how we view and experience later life. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions of the panel and share our own thoughts around the tables.
• Panel Chair: Carol Burns, Chair of Trustees at Growing Old Grace-fully
• Revd Dr Keith Albans – Retired Methodist Minister and Director of Chaplaincy and Spirituality at MHA Care Group 2001-2017
• Pippa Bonner – Pastoral Worker in a Care Home, and formerly coordinated the Bereavement Service at St Gemma’s Hospice
• Dr Helen Reid – Director of Leeds Church Institute
• Gaynor Hammond – Retired Baptist Minister and former Dementia Worker.
This is a partnership event organised by Leeds Church Institute and Growing Old Grace-fully.
Growing Old Grace-fully is a small Catholic charity with the mission that that older people experience spiritual, emotional and physical wellbeing in positive and inclusive parish communities (especially across the Catholic Diocese of Leeds).
Leeds Church Institute is a faith based, charitable organisation which works through publications, events and social media to advance and deliver on its values and mission and be a progressive agent of change for the benefit of all in Leeds.
It is essential that you book your place to enable us to plan for the catering and seating arrangements, thank you.
This event is part of a series, click on the links below to find out more!