Join us to participate or register to attend.
If you are willing to contribute or participate that would be great, please also use this page for general registrations to attend the event in the audience.
Please note there are two event sessions taking place:
2pm – 3.30pm and 6pm – 7.30pm you will have a choice which to book on to.
Have you ever thought you need a platform to share your thoughts, works or writing? Do you like to hear other’s talking about their hopes and dreams for Leeds?
Now is the time to shine! The Power to the People event run in partnership with Leeds Citizens, Leeds Church Institute and Leeds Methodist Mission is giving you the opportunity to share your thoughts, understanding and interpretation of raising people up, and giving you the voice and time to shine!
Join us by signing up, we will be in touch with you after registration please tell us what you will have to offer (i.e poem, story, dance etc) and gives us a brief description on what you will share.
You will have between 2 and 5 minutes in the open-air Mandela Gardens to share your thoughts with a live audience. You are welcomed to bring family and friends to support you, we kindly ask that they register through this page in advance.
The Power to the People event is part of the Leeds Piano Trail and we would ask all contributors to acknowledge and accept the following guidance for the events:
• You must sign up in advance
• You will be invited up to participate anytime during the event running time
• The topic is Power to the People (strictly no other topics are allowed)
• Be prepared to share your understanding in no more than 5 minutes
• No offensive or derogatory language must be used and no profanities (there will be a mixed audience which could include children)
• Be inclusive, respectful and embrace the diversity of Leeds
*Please note this event will be recorded