The Leeds Church Institute exists to be an active and progressive agent in city life for the benefit of all. We are following latest advice from the Government on Covid-19.
We are a faith based organisation and we work through events, publications, social media and a not for profit business.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
The health, safety and well-being of both staff and visitors has always been of paramount importance to us. We are working as a team to have all the measures in place for our city centre offices to re-open soon, so our staff and visitors remain safe. We want to make sure all our visitors can enjoy the welcome and hospitality we have always strived to offer, in a Covid Secure way. We are undertaking site specific risk assessments for all areas to not only meet our legal obligations but to ensure specific control measures are in place including:
- hand sanitisers at key points
- increased cleaning of all touch points
- social distancing floor markings
- limited number of people in lifts
- non-essential items available on request only.
For more details, please see our Infection Controls and Social Distancing policies below:
We also have a Lone Worker policy available on request.
Leeds Church Institute commits itself to upholding the following core values:-
- Learning, theological reflection and dialogue
- Hospitality and service
- Partnerships for seeking the Common Good
- Acting and planning with long term awareness
- The importance of the arts and creativity
- Stewardship: good value for money and spending money locally
- Acceptable risk for nurturing new ideas and initiatives
- Commitment to environmental concerns
- LCI believes in an equality of opportunity and access for all clients and staff which avoids any discrimination.
Our city centre offices remain closed for the time being, as we continue to explore the use of online tools, including more audio and virtual events, to ensure our programme of events for life-long learning is maintained. We remain committed to engagement in city life and to learning for the benefit of all.
We are all still working from home and available on email.
Leeds Church Institute is a Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee.
We are a membership organisation and are governed by a Council of elected members. They govern LCI in accordance with the requirements of the Charity Commissioners and they take responsibility for the life and work of LCI now and in the future. The Council meets regularly and the Director submits reports to Council.